The Buffalo & Erie County Naval & Military Park has reopened!
We are grateful to be open again, but there are a few things you should know when planning your next visit to see us. To ensure the safety of visitors, staff, and volunteers, several new measures have been put in place to limit opportunities for transmission of COVID-19.
Our operating hours will be Wednesday-Sunday from 10:00am-5:00pm. The last ticket is sold daily at 4:00pm. We will be closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Admission will be limited through timed ticketing with advance online ticket purchase. We encourage visitors to arrive 10-15 minutes before their scheduled time.
At this time, visitors will only have access to the Museum, the Gift Shop, and the exterior main decks of USS The Sullivans, USS Little Rock, and USS Croaker. Visitors will be unable to visit compartments or areas below deck due to social distancing restrictions. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting the Buffalo Naval Park.
For Your Safety:
- Face coverings are required for staff and visitors over the age of two in indoor spaces and on board the ships.
- Please maintain a social distance of 6 ft. or more from other parties.
- Naval Park attendance will be limited to 10 people every half hour for a self-guided main deck-only tour of USS The Sullivans, USS Little Rock, and USS Croaker. Timed tickets will be required.
- Online pre-purchase admission is required for all visitors.
- We strongly prefer accepting credit cards or debit cards for monetary transaction; cash will be accepted on a limited basis.
- We will provide social distance markers in queuing areas to remind guests and staff to maintain a safe distance.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the Naval Park.
- The Naval Park will maintain an increased sanitization schedule for all public areas and surfaces.
- Interactive touch screens have been temporarily turned off.
- All docent-led tours have been suspended.
- Water fountains will not be available. Visitors can bring their own water or purchase single-serve beverages from vending machines.
- Restrooms will be available in the first floor of the museum building, and we encourage guests to maintain physical distancing while accessing them.
- We ask any visitors who do not feel well, have a fever, or other symptoms to please stay home. We will be happy to provide a refund or honor your ticket for a future date.
These requirements are subject to change. We will continue to monitor the rapidly developing situation. It is important to us as a member of the community to ensure we are doing everything possible to safeguard the health and well-being of our visitors and staff. Please keep in touch with us through our website and social media platforms for all updates.
The Department of Health recommends that everyone continue to take the advice of the CDC to prevent infection:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash hands frequently with soap for at least 20 seconds.
By visiting the Buffalo Naval & Military Park, guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
We look forward to opening more areas of the ships in the future and will be offering reduced admission rates in the meantime: Adults: $10; Veterans/Seniors: $8; Youth age 5-12: $5. As always, Naval Park Members, Active Duty military, Blue Star families, and Children 4 and under are free. All tickets are for self-guided tours.