The Buffalo and Erie County Naval & Military Park will reopen on May 1, 2021
Take a self-guided tour of the largest inland Naval Park in the country!
Join us for a self-guided tour of USS The Sullivans, USS Little Rock, USS Croaker, the 2nd Floor Museum, and Gift Shop. At this time, visitors will be able to visit areas above and below deck, although certain compartments will be closed due to social distancing restrictions. Restrooms will be available in the first floor of the museum building and on board the USS Little Rock, and we encourage guests to maintain physical distancing while accessing them.
Naval Park attendance will be limited to 50 people every half hour for self-guided tours. You may begin your tour at anytime within the 30 minute window listed on your ticket. If you miss your ticket window, we will do our best to accommodate you at a later time, subject to availability. Staff and docents will be available along the tour route to answer questions.
Our operating hours are Wednesday – Sunday from 10 AM – 5 PM. There will be no admission on board the ships after 4 PM. Admission will be limited through timed ticketing with advance online purchase. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting the Buffalo Naval Park.
For Your Safety:
- Face coverings are required for staff and visitors over the age of two in indoor spaces and on board the ships.
- Please maintain a social distance of 6 ft. or more from other parties.
- Naval Park attendance will be limited to 50 people every half hour for a self-guided tour of USS The Sullivans, USS Little Rock, and USS Croaker. Timed tickets will be required.
- Online pre-purchase admission is required for all visitors.
- We strongly prefer accepting credit cards or debit cards for monetary transaction; cash will be accepted on a limited basis.
- We will provide social distance markers in queuing areas to remind guests and staff to maintain a safe distance.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the Naval Park.
- The Naval Park will maintain an increased sanitization schedule for all public areas and surfaces.
- Interactive touch screens have been temporarily turned off.
- All docent-led tours have been suspended.
- Water fountains will not be available. Visitors can bring their own water or purchase single-serve beverages from vending machines.
- Restrooms will be available in the first floor of the museum building and on board USS Little Rock, and we encourage guests to maintain physical distancing while accessing them.
- We ask any visitors who do not feel well, have a fever, or other symptoms to please stay home. We will be happy to provide a refund or honor your ticket for a future date.
These requirements are subject to change. It is important to us as a member of the community to ensure we are doing everything possible to safeguard the health and well-being of our visitors and staff. Please keep in touch with us through our website and social media platforms for all updates.
The Department of Health recommends that everyone continue to take the advice of the CDC to prevent infection:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash hands frequently with soap for at least 20 seconds.
By visiting the Buffalo Naval & Military Park, guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.